Premises Liability Attorneys in Jacksonville
Know Your Rights if You Are Injured on Another’s Property
Property owners have a duty to properly operate, supervise, and maintain their property to prevent unnecessary risk of harm to others. If you have been injured due to a property owner's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation through a premises liability claim, which is a type of personal injury claim.
To speak with an experienced premises liability attorney about your legal rights and options, contact Raymond Ravis Attorney at Law and arrange your free consultation. Based in Jacksonville, we serve clients in the nearby communities and statewide across Florida. Our dedicated Jacksonville premises liability lawyer and his team are prepared to do whatever it takes to help you secure the just compensation you deserve.
What Types of Dangerous Property Conditions Led to Your Injury?
Common hazards that lead to slip and fall and other premises liability accidents involve wet floors,
We represent clients in a wide range of premises liability claims, including:
- Injuries caused by negligent security at bars, concerts, or events
- Injuries from building code violations
- Injuries from collapsed decks and structures
- Injuries from falling objects
- Injuries from fires, explosions, or electrocution
- Negligent security
- Poor lighting
- Slip and falls
- Stairwell falls
- Swimming pool accidents
- Other accidents caused by dangerous property conditions
Proving Liability in Premises Liability Claims
For a plaintiff to prevail in a premises liability claim, they must prove that the property owner was negligent. To do so, the plaintiff must establish evidence that the property owner failed to exercise reasonable caution for the safety of others.
Evidence that may help you and your attorney prove your claim include:
- Medical records: Seek medical attention as soon as possible after an accident. People who are injured in slip and falls often sustain serious injuries, including back and neck injuries, broken bones, head trauma, internal bleeding, and spinal cord damage. In the most severe accidents, people may sustain fatal injuries.
- Pictures of the accident scene: If you can, photograph the scene of your slip and fall or other accident. Take pictures of your injuries, anything that may have caused your injury, and resulting property damage.
- Witness testimony: Exchange contact information with any witnesses to your accident in case you need them to testify on your behalf later. Additionally (or instead), surveillance cameras and other evidence may be used to prove how your accident occurred.
At Raymond Ravis Attorney at Law, we will work hard to seek the full compensation to which you are entitled, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other forms of relief. We handle all injury claims on a contingency fee basis, so you pay no fees to us unless we obtain compensation for you.
Get the Zealous Representation You Deserve
Our attorney has more than 20 years of legal experience and has recovered millions on behalf of accident victims. He and his staff know how to build strong cases for our clients, and we will take the time to gather evidence that is critical to the effective prosecution of personal injury claims.
In a premises liability claim, there are a number of issues that we may consider:
- If you were injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident, did the property owner fail to take adequate steps to mitigate the risk created by a slippery floor, uneven concrete, uncovered holes in a parking lot, objects on the ground that posed a tripping hazard, or other property hazards?
- If you or a loved one was injured at a bar or concert, did the owner of the establishment fail to take adequate safety measures, including the retention of a sufficient number of security guards or personnel?
- If you were injured in a fire at a hotel, restaurant, or other commercial property, did the owner fail to install or properly maintain fire alarms that could have warned patrons of a fire?
- If you were injured in another type of property accident, did the property owner fail to take adequate measures to prevent a known or reasonably foreseeable risk of harm to others?
By asking these and other questions, we build strong cases for our clients. To schedule a free consultation with a Jacksonville premises liability lawyer at our firm, contact us online or by phone at (904) 601-1335.
Helping You Recover Your Life
After an injury, all hope can seem lost. Attorney Ray Ravis is here to ensure you get the support, attention, and results you need to move forward with your life after an injury.
20+ Years of Legal Experience
Not only do our attorneys have the knowledge and resources to successfully defend your case, but they also know how the insurances companies think and operate, making us skilled in defending the rights of the injured.
Personal Attention & Results
At Raymond Ravis Law you are not a number: you are a person who deserves justice. When you work with us, you get customized strategies and a lawyer who cares about you AND your case.
Big Firm Results, Small Firm Attention
We have the ability, experiences and resources of a large firm, yet we still manage to provide that custom one-on-one service to each of our clients.